The Admissions Department can provide you with advice regarding the bureaucratic steps necessary for your child to be able to study at Caxton College.

Pupils who are citizens of the European Union have the right to enter, leave and stay in Spanish territory. To do this all that is needed is their national identity document or a passport, which allows them to move freely around the country.

Students from non-EU countries should request a ‘student visa’ from the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence. Having this visa allows the school to apply for a student card, which is obligatory in order to stay in Spain.


Boarding students at the school must have medical insurance. If parents are citizens of the European community, they can use Spanish Social Security. To do this, parents will need to apply for a European Health Insurance Card in their country of origin for their child, and the student will need to bring this card to Spain.

If you are from outside the European Community we will make insurance arrangements for you through the school. Please see our fees (link) for the approximate annual cost of this medical insurance policy.

We are at your disposal (link) for any query you may have.


Over the last 20 years, Valencia has become more modern and international, with its spectacular buildings found in the City of Arts and Sciences, home to interactive science, music and arts centres, IMAX cinema and the largest aquarium in Europe, as well as a popular destination for residents and visitors from all over the world.
More than 2000 years of history can be discovered in the streets of the old quarter, where the passers-by will come across the legendary Central Market, silk exchange building La Lonja or the cathedral with its Valencian Gothic bell tower, El Miguelete.
We are lucky to enjoy a climate and location that are ideal for outdoor and water sports. There are many sailing, diving and other water sport schools along the coast, tennis clubs and academies, several golf courses and a Moto GP race track. Valencia is also home to two Spanish League football teams: Valencia C.F. and Levante U.D.
The internationally famous paella has its origins in Valencia. Other local specialties are the best juicy oranges, fantastic olive oil and superb wines. Enjoy a quick tapa or a fixed-price menu in one of Valencia’s many restaurants, and try our amazing Mediterranean food.
Art galleries, theatres and music venues are found around the city. Every day there is a choice of concerts, musicals, classical and folk music, even opera, plays and art exhibitions.
Fallas is without a doubt the most famous Valencian festival, where spectacular papier-mâché monuments fill the city to the rhythm of folk bands and fireworks, and are burnt on St. Joseph’s feast day.
Highly reputed universities make Valencia an attractive destination to nearly 150,000 students, 5,000 of whom are from overseas. Valencia is a magnet for young people, not only because of its universities, but also for its vibrant atmosphere.
Valencia’s climate is pleasant throughout the year, with mild winters, hot summers and over 300 days of sun every year.
Endless sandy beaches and calm blue water make up the landscape of the Valencia coast line and are renowned throughout Europe for being unspoilt, beautiful and unique.
The Valencian people are known for their friendliness, open personality and good nature. Come and get to know us!


We always have a wide variety of different nationalities represented at the school. Although the majority of the students are local Spaniards, we also have a large international population, with British, U.S., German, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Czech, Russian, Syrian, Chinese, Mexican, Egyptian, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Lithuanian, Swedish, Brazilian, Ugandan, Korean, Italian, Dutch, Austrian, Bolivian, Uruguayan, Colombian, Venezuelan, and Kazakh students.
20% of our students are international and the rest are Spanish.
We will try to match your specific requirements. You could be placed with a couple with children, a couple without children or a single person with or without children.
We encourage our international students to learn Spanish, so most of our host families are native Spanish speakers, although one or more members can communicate in English if required.
If your home is not near enough to Caxton College for you to come to school every day, you would probably benefit from being a weekly homestay student. At weekends you will return to your parents’ home, and then you will stay with your host family from Sunday evenings to Friday. Your parents will need to arrange transport for you from their home to the family’s home and vice versa. Our weekly homestay students often come from towns in Alicante, Castellón or Albacete.
Yes, of course. A few weeks before your arrival, we will provide you with your host family’s details so if you wish you can contact them.
We will ask you to send us a medical report which should specify any allergies, treatments, illnesses, etc. Your host family will be informed about your health and any allergies you may have, whether they are to dust mites, food or animals, and they will be taken into account both by the school and by the host family.
Beforehand, you will need to contact Caxton College to let us know your arrival details so we can inform your host family. They will collect you from Valencia airport and take you home with them. They will then show you around the house and your bedroom, and will also inform you about the house rules and curfew times.
School transport is included. Your host family will bring you to school and collect you every day. If they are not able to do so, you will be provided with a place on one of our school buses.
During Christmas, Easter and summer holidays, all students return home to their parents. Your host family will take you to Valencia airport and will collect you when you return after the holidays.
European Union citizens have the right to enter, leave and stay within Spanish territory. Non-European Union citizens will need to apply for a student visa at the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence before coming to Spain, and the school can provide any documents required to confirm enrolment.
European Union citizens should bring with them their European Health Insurance Card which guarantees medical coverage in all EU countries.

Non-European Union citizens will be required to purchase medical insurance that Caxton College provides.

We ask that all our prospective and enrolled pupils refer to our Handbook for Homestay Students where you will find out what to bring with you and other practical information.

For more information contact us