At Caxton College we value the commitment, enthusiasm, and motivation of all our staff, in any role, and provide them with a supportive and stimulating working environment in a caring and friendly setting where initiative and creativity can be unleashed. Click here to discover the school values.
We take great pride in attracting and retaining enthusiastic and motivated people who aspire to making a difference to the lives of others. We do this by offering excellent development opportunities in modern, spacious facilities in a beautiful setting on the Mediterranean coast.
If you think you would like to join us, check out our current teaching and support staff career vacancies.
Caxton College recognises its moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment in which children and adults feel safe, secure, valued and respected, and confident to talk if they are worried, believing they will be listened to effectively. All members of staff have equal responsibility to act on any suspicion or disclosure that may suggest a pupil is at risk of harm. As part of the safer recruitment process, all applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening including, but not limited to, checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check.
Take a look at our school brochure!
We have created a happy, fulfilling and sustainable place to help make coming to work a positive experience.
A group of employees from different departments make up the Happiness Committee, which plans social events such as parties, dinners, sporting events, social meetups and food tasting events, with the aim of promoting a positive working environment and create an integrated and motivated community.
Your wellbeing is very important to us, so there are a variety of activities and benefits available to all members of staff, including:
- Staff development opportunities.
- A mentor to help settle staff in their first year.
- A full-time member of staff dedicated to help finding accommodation, liaising with service companies and helping with official documentation.
- Eligibility for the excellent free state medical care offered in Spain. Help in registering at the local surgery, and a translator to accompany you to appointments when necessary.
- A school doctor on site once a week, available for free consultations with colleagues and their families.
- Free private medical care is offered in the case of work-related injury or illness.
- A free three-course school meal, including a vegetarian option.
- Free evening Spanish classes
- Free use of the heated pool, fitness room with the option of classes in yoga, Zumba, pilates, NIA dance etc
- Availability of most items in the school shop at cost price.
- Assistance in opening a bank account and organising direct debits etc.
- Free consultations with the school legal and financial advisor.
- Discounts from various medical specialists and shops for Caxton College colleagues.
- An iPad for work use.
Caxton College has two purpose-built buildings providing classrooms and facilities for students throughout the key stages, set in 10 acres of beautiful grounds at the edge of the quiet agricultural town of Puçol, only 20 minutes from the city of Valencia. Puçol, has fantastic transport links to the city via road, rail and bus and boasts 4 km of beautiful blue flag Mediterranean beaches.
Many of our staff choose to live in the historic, vibrant city of Valencia which offers 300 days of sunshine per year with an average temperature of around 18º and excellent air quality. To accompany the wonderful climate, Valencia offers, 7 kilometres of blue flag beaches, and an outdoor lifestyle where you can participate in leisure and sporting activities, and enjoy the best of Mediterranean cuisine on the terraces of the multiple cafés and restaurants in and around the city.